Some of the best dinners are the ones that are simple and require very little prep time. If you’re in need of a quick dinner this week, try this Chardonnay and chicken berry salad. It’s fresh, filling and healthy.
– 1/2 C Chardonnay Wine
– 1/4 C Lemon Juice
– 1/4 C Poppy Seed Dressing
– 4 Uncooked Chicken Tenders
– Assorted Berries (Strawberries, Raspberries and Blueberries)
– Blue Cheese or Goat Cheese
– Glazed Walnuts
– Balsamic Glaze
– Marinate the chicken in the Chardonnay wine, lemon juice and poppy seed dressing overnight. Either saute in pan or bake on 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
– Once the chicken has cooked and cooled a bit, place on a bed of spinach with berries, cheese and glazed walnuts.
– Drizzle with a balsamic glaze and serve with your choice of bread [I chose a French Peasant bread].
I’m thrilled to report that this lasted throughout the day. I came home, raced for play clothes and began having a little fun. My waking dreams have been full of playing on the beach and this came screaming through as I was pulling things together for a quick stylized photo shoot with some of my muses.
Here’s to wishing you find moments of calm, time to play and an encounter with bliss this week.